Systems Safety EngineerRosamond, CASystems Safety Engineer$90,077 to $141,444 (Annually)
This job announcement will be accepting candidate submissions until 10 Nov 2022.
AFRL Detachment 7/SE is seeking to fill a 08xx DR-02 System Safety position located at Edwards AFB CA.
Position duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs system safety management for solid, liquid rocket and spacecraft propulsion systems that span from bench scale laboratory development to full scale testing
- Prepares preliminary hazard analysis, subsystem hazard analysis, and system hazard analysis for those systems.
- Assists scientists and engineers in preparing system safety permits; reviews and certifies those permits.
- Identifies, analyzes and controls hazardous conditions and safety risks using engineering analyses for those systems and laboratories.
- Leads safety review boards and presents results to senior leadership and test execution authority.
- Ensures system safety is incorporated throughout the design, development, testing, operational and disposal phases of all programs
- Oversees implementation and oversight of Process Safety Management efforts in areas as appropriate.
Other Significant Facts:
- Occasional travel may be required for the position, pending lifting of COVID restrictions
- Telework options may be possible.
- Relocation or other incentives may be offered for this position
Yes, this position is eligible for telework opportunities; as determined by agency policy
Remote Work (CONUS)
No, this position is not approved for remote work.
- United States Citizenship
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Ability to obtain and maintain required Secret security clearance
- Must have at least one year of specialized experience at the DR-01 (GS-11 or equivalent) grade level or above.
- This is an Acquisition Professional Development Program (APDP) position requiring Level /Tier 1 (Foundational) Non-Critical certification in Engineering and Technical Management (N). This position has been designated as an acquisition position and is covered by the Acquisition Professional Development Program (APDP). The employee must meet, or be capable of meeting Defense Acquisition Work Improvement Act (DAWIA) requirements applicable to the duties of the position.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To ensure compliance with an applicable nationwide preliminary injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Therefore, to the extent a Federal job announcement includes the requirement that applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to Executive Order 14043, that requirement does not currently apply. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.
- Experience with energetic materials and associated safety protocols
- Experience/familiarity with ASME B31.3 and National Board Inspection Code
- Experience in fault analysis, risk assessments, failure mode and effects analysis, MILSTD 882 requirements and software safety requirements
- Multidisciplinary engineering/science experience