Secretary (Office Automation)Dayton, OHSecretary (Office Automation)$41,555 - $54,021 per year annually
- Prepares a wide variety of recurring and nonrecurring correspondence, reports, and other documents and reviews
and finalizes correspondence/documents prepared by others in handwritten or electronic drafts.
- Reviews and processes incoming and outgoing correspondence, materials, publications, regulations, and directives.
- Receives telephone calls, greets visitors, and ascertains the nature of the calls or visits.
- Maintains supervisor's calendar, coordinates meeting arrangements, and schedules meetings and/or conferences.
- Performs other administrative and clerical work in support of the office/organization.
- Uses multiple office automation software with varied functions to produce a wide range of documents that often
require complex formats, such as graphics or tables within text, editing and reformatting electronic drafts, and
updating or revising existing databases or spreadsheets.
Yes, this position is eligible for situational telework; as determined by agency policy
Remote Work (CONUS)
No, this position is not approved for remote work.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- A security clearance may be required
- The incumbent must have the ability to type a minimum of 40 WPM.
- Applicants must have at least one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-05, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes, but is not limited to, utilizing a variety of office software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to create documents and presentations; utilizing automated systems to generate and process routine actions and reports; maintaining files and coordinating administrative office procedures and practices that affect the orderly and efficient task flow and accomplishments of work within the Department and organization; reviewing and routing incoming and outgoing correspondence, documents, evaluations and decorations; arranging travel for office staff; and/or maintaining appointment calendar(s) for management.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Therefore, to the extent a Federal job announcement includes the requirement that applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to Executive Order 14043, that requirement does not currently apply. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, travel restrictions, screening testing, and restriction from the workplace.