Associate Computer Engineer/Associate Computer ScientistRome, NYAFRL RIS is seeking to fill multiple Associate Computer Engineering and Associate Computer Scientist vacancies.$48,558 - $93,231
This job announcement will be accepting candidate submissions until the positions are filled. On-going resume review and interviews will be conducted every two or three weeks.
NOTE: Must use MM/DD/YYYY date format for experience on resume.
- Assists in the design, integration, and documentation of software interfaces, APIs, and libraries to address the complexities of modern military decision making.
- Assists in performing professional computer science work of limited scope and complexity in support of research or projects.
- Applies a number of computer science practices, techniques, and processes to assist in identifying and resolving research issues related to information systems and decision support systems.
- Participates within a development team applying agile development principles to develop software in response to warfighter requirements.
- Collaborates with team members to prepare research results and methodologies for presentations and publication in technical reports, briefings, and peer-reviewed journals
- Assists in the generation and execution of experiments and assessment tools for evaluating algorithms/code developed.
- Assists in the preparation and presentation of technical results in the form of written reports, technical papers and presentations.
Yes, this position is eligible for telework opportunities; as determined by agency policy
Remote Work (CONUS)
No, this position is not approved for remote work.
- US Citizenship
- Ability to obtain and maintain required Top Secret security clearance
- This is a drug testing designated position. The incumbent will be subject to random testing
- Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited academic institution, unofficial transcripts are required to verify degree.
- This is an APDP position requiring completion of Foundational Level certification within Engineering &Technology Management (ETM) within two years of appointment
- Travel is a requirement
- COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Therefore, to the extent a Federal job announcement includes the requirement that applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to Executive Order 14043, that requirement does not currently apply. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, travel restrictions, screening testing, and restriction from the workplace.
- Knowledge of data models and data representation methods
- Computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, efficient program structures)
- Computer engineering fundamentals (computer structures, computer networking)
- Optimization techniques
- Numerical methods
- Artificial Intelligence and /or Machine Learning tools and techniques
- Masters degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering is highly desirable
- Probability and statistics
- Programming skills - at least one of java, python, C/C++
- Linear algebra
- Communication skills
The Requisition Number for this announcement is 40639
Resume: Req No_Last Name_First Name_Resume
Transcripts: Req No_Last Name_First Name_Transcripts
Acceptable file types: .doc,.docx,.pdf