S&E PMDayton, OHCome join an "out of this world" team delivering innovation powered by proven digital techniques! AFRL Talent Sharing Opportunity$67,418-$146,757
***Note: Applicants interested in this temporary talent sharing opportunity (between 6-18 months depending on assignment) should include with their resume the following document: Hangar 18 Talent Sharing (save a copy and include in application package). Please work with your home organization supervisor to ensure they would approve of a talent sharing opportunity. An MOA will be worked between Hangar 18 and home org. For questions please reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have a novel idea for a digital capability but aren’t sure how to execute it? Do you have skills you want to “level up” or bring to the table, but don’t currently have a path to execute? Hangar 18 is ready to “beam you up”! We are a new software factory tackling complex digital problems by rapidly aligning the right talent and tools. We are currently seeking S&T explorers to join us on our mission to accelerate Digital Engineering and Transformation!
No expedition can be a success without a capable leader at the helm. Hangar 18 presses the boundaries on the delivery of new technology solutions, and as such, requires skilled, proactive, and energetic coordination and management. The Hangar 18 Project Manager/Engineer will primarily responsible for overseeing the functional and technical aspects of project execution on one or more Hangar 18 projects. Primary duties include forming and directing a matrixed team of both technical and functional experts, in an effort to deliver user-centered solutions to project stakeholders. Duties also include the execution of Hangar 18 project management standards, including formal project engagement and planning activities (requirements gathering, scoping, planning, resourcing), Agile techniques for execution (sprint planning and execution, work/task decomposition, triaging and prioritization, etc.), and extensive communication with both project stakeholders and Hangar 18 leadership. All duties will be facilitated by the use of Hangar 18-provided planning and execution tools, including Confluence, Jira, Gitlab, and other toolsets for resource and asset management. The Project Manager/Engineer should posses a strong background in software and data, and be able to engage with project resources on the technical components of an effort, to potentially include the development of full-stack and desktop software applications, cloud environments, and technical data packages. Additionally, the Project Manager/Engineer should be able demonstrate strong problem solving abilities and skills in risk management.
For more information on Hangar 18: https://www.hangar18.io (best viewed when not on VPN)
Any AFRL employee is eligible for this opportunity (regardless of your location). You will remain on your current telework/remote work agreement for the duration of this temporary talent-sharing position.
Please apply by 16 October 2023.
Yes, this position is eligible for telework opportunities; as determined by agency policy
Remote Work (CONUS)
No, this position is not approved for remote work.
- Must be a current DR-II, III, or IV (or equivalent) AFRL scientist or engineer
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Must hold and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Must be able to access Video Teleconference
- Minimum 5 years of leading teams of technical experts in the delivery technology solutions
- Significant experience working with other different functional positions in a SDLC-based team environment.
- Experience in executing Agile practices, including Scrum and Kanban, and their associated ceremonies, roles, components, and tools
- Experience in the creation of work breakdown structures, software feature decompositions, users stories, and backlogs for both projects and sprints
- Experience in tracking, aggregating, and reporting work back to program and portfolio management functions
- Demonstrable skills in problem solving and technology risk analysis
- Demonstrable skills in oral and written communication